It's that time of the year again, when the kiddies and even some bigger, grown up kiddies get dressed up for some fun, and of course candy for Halloween!!
By now, you should know I'm a big advocate for safety so I went out and did a little online research for having a safe and happy Halloween. Using these safety tips below and common sense can help make the most of the Halloween season and make it enjoyable for everyone!
- Don't get into cars with strangers
- Avoid houses that aren't well lit
- Don't go inside any houses without your parent or guardian
- Look both ways before crossing the street
- Carry a flashlight
- Choose a familiar route and stick to it.
- Don't eat anything until you get home and can inspect treats in the light
- Walk, don't run
- Stick to the sidewalk (don't dart out from behind cars or cut across yards or driveways). If there's no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
Be sure to make Halloween a fun, safe and happy time for your kids and they'll carry on the tradition that you taught them to their own families some day!