The real beginning of summer is nearly upon school students, which means drivers will have to be even more alert as kids will no longer be in the safe confines of school. Here are some tips for summer safety:
· Slow down near parks, playgrounds and residential areas where kids are playing.
· Watch for kids darting out from behind parked cars into the street chasing a ball or pet.
· Keep an eye out for skateboarders, inline skaters and scooters on sidewalks and streets.
· Check for kids behind your vehicle before backing up.
· Leave extra space on the road for kids riding their bikes.
Summer is a time of fun and freedom for children. As drivers, let's do our part to make sure that every child has a safe and fun summer this year and the opportunity to have many more!