Call Us CALL US TODAY | Westfield (908) 301-0711 | Princeton Junction (609) 799-4500
Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOME

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Life Insurance LIFE

Browse a variety of insurance options in order to find the right one for you.

Read More
Commercial Auto Insurance COMMERCIAL AUTO

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Motorcycle Insurance MOTORCYCLE

Learn about motorcycle coverage options that fit your specific needs.

Read More

Help others get great insurance as well. Recommend a friend.

Read More

Springtime is in full swing and this season's weather brings storms and unfortunate floods that can wreak havoc on your personal property.

Now is the time to think about your current coverage. Even if a hurricane or flood will never hit close to home, let's make sure you got all the basics covered, just in case the unthinkable happens:

Take a property inventory: It's easier to file a damage claim if you know exactly what you own and can document it. Write down a list of major property in a notebook, and take photos, noting key information about each item on the back.

Check policies: Read your insurance documents and review the scope of your existing coverage. Know your policy numbers, and where to call to file a claim. (Call our office with any questions.)

After the storm hits, ask yourself these 3 questions:

Is there water inside my home? You need flood insurance: Don't expect flood-related damage from a hurricane to be covered unless you've got flood insurance. Standard homeowners and renters policies cover damage from wind, including hurricane wind damage, and any wind-driven rain entering a home from the sky. But damage from water on the ground, or water seeping into a basement from below, isn't covered unless a homeowner has a flood insurance policy.

Is there water in my vehicle(s)? You need comprehensive auto: if your car is damaged by flood waters from a hurricane or other disaster, you'll be covered if you've purchased a comprehensive auto insurance policy. If you've only for liability coverage, flood damage to a car won't be covered.

Is there any tree damage to my property or vehicle(s)? Standard homeowner's policies cover damage to a house from a fallen tree, and a tree damage to garages, sheds, fences, and outdoor pools.Comprehensive auto insurance will cover damage to a vehicle.

Call our office TODAY to make sure that your policy is up to date and that you are fully covered!
Posted 10:46 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder